Our Bailes-Polk Funeral Home family is committed to meeting your family’s needs before, during, and after a funeral. We will make sure the process goes smoothly, and your family can be assured that your loved one is in caring hands. We are happy to assist the family with submitting obituary notices to newspapers, confirming the service date and time with the clergy, arranging music selections, creating memorial folders, and other procedures of a traditional funeral home. Some of the other services we offer include:
- Coordination of funeral, burial services or memorial services
- Online Memorial Tribute
- Optional Memorial Keepsake Videos
- Filing of death certificates
- Procurement of death benefits from government and insurance agencies
- Assistance with monument purchases
- Coordination of Military Honors, Florists, etc.
Regardless of the type of funeral, you can be assured that our family will take care of your needs. Some of the types of funerals are below. Please see our General Price List to see prices.
The Traditional Funeral Service generally includes the following:
- Visitation Period ~ Your loved one is placed in a private viewing room surrounded by their flowers and memorabilia. During the viewing period, family and friends may pay their respects and sign a memorial book. The opportunity for viewing gives families a sense of closure and helps begin a healthy grieving process.
- Funeral Ceremony ~ The funeral ceremony may take place in our beautiful chapel, or any church of the family’s choice. The service may be as unique as the deceased, incorporating music, memorabilia, photographs, remembrance videos, or other readings etc. as chosen by the family.
- Committal Service ~ Following the funeral ceremony, the funeral procession then travels to the cemetery where the final disposition service is conducted prior to the burial.
- Graveside Service ~ A graveside service is usually a small service held at the gravesite. Visitation prior to the service may also be arranged.
Some families choose to do all the above, however, we can also assist you with a Graveside Service, Memorial Service, etc. Please also see our Funeral Service FAQ’s for more helpful information.
Cremation is intended to be an alternative to entombment or earth burial. Here are a couple of choices if you choose cremation.
- Cremation followed by a Memorial Service ~ A memorial service is held after the cremation takes place. An urn is usually required if the cremains are to be present at the service. Like the funeral service, the memorial service may be designed to reflect the uniqueness of the deceased and wishes of the family.
- Funeral Service with Cremation following ~ This allows the option of the traditional funeral service or Mass of Christian Burial, with the cremation following. A casket may be rented or purchased for viewing before or during the service or Mass.
Also see our Cremation FAQ’s page for more helpful information. No matter what you decide……our family is here for you!
No one wants to leave a burden to those loved ones after you have passed on. You can alleviate at least one major burden by taking advantage of our preneeds service. You can plan and arrange payment for your own service. Please contact us for information. Also, see our Prearrangement FAQ’s for more helpful information.